In 2019, industry analyst firm Gartner proposed an architecture that would build on existing SD-WAN offerings to add cloud-scale security capabilities and converge the network and security layer. This architecture, called Secure Access Service Edge, or SASE, has become a key aspect of many technology vendor offerings, and can provide material benefits for enterprises adopting a “work from anywhere” model, with users far more distributed than before.
Coevolve has been providing integrated network and security solutions for more than 6 years, far longer than SASE has existed as a phrase in the industry. We strongly believe that enterprises can benefit from moving away from traditional appliances for securing Internet access and providing protection against malware and other threats.
What are the key components of a SASE solution?
The key components of any SASE solution include the following:
- Telco and ISP underlay
- SD-WAN overlay
- Link health optimization
- Bandwidth aggregation
- Cloud Access Service Broker (CASB)
- Secure Web Gateway (SWG)
- Zero-Trust Network Access (ZTNA)
Co-managed SASE solutions by Coevolve
Coevolve specializes in the design, implementation, management and optimization of SASE solutions. We support a range of industry-leading vendors to deliver high-quality, co-managed solutions for our clients.
Some of our notable capabilities for delivering SASE solutions include the following:
- Transitioning away from end-of-life hardware appliances
- Avoiding expensive security license upgrades
- Migrating away from legacy MPLS underlay infrastructure
- Supporting a hybrid, ‘work from anywhere’ team without backhauling traffic to existing sites
- Enabling consistent global access to SaaS applications and other cloud workloads
To learn more about how Coevolve can help you use SASE to deliver real value to your business, avoiding the industry hype, contact us here!