Achieving greater operational efficiency with telco-independent networks
The business landscape has changed dramatically in recent years, sparked by the unprecedented speed of digitalization, and evolving technology offerings. For instance, the global data center market is expected to grow with a 5-year CAGR of 11.3% from 2021 to 2026 . To take advantage of these technology advancements and thrive in the digital world, enterprises must shift away from their legacy infrastructure and consider innovative approaches to optimize network and security efficiency.
To achieve operational efficiency enterprises must implement a robust, cost-effective, and future-proof network. Fortunately, with telco-independent networks, enterprises can tick all these boxes and ensure the business’s continued growth and success.
What are telco-independent networks?
Telco-independent networks are networks where the underlay is not tied to a specific telco provider’s offerings or infrastructure. They offer enterprises the ability to choose providers – telcos and internet service providers (ISPs) – that are best suited to their business requirements right down to the site level.
How do telco-independent networks drive operational efficiency?
In the intricate labyrinth of telecommunications, enterprises are under constant pressure to improve operational efficiency. Leveraging telco-independent networks is one of the most cost-effective strategies for achieving operational efficiency and delivering several benefits.
Telco-independent networks enable:
- More flexibility to scale as they aren’t limited to ‘fixed’ network infrastructure like traditional models. This flexibility to scale up or down can be crucial during periods of rapid growth or contraction ensuring that your network capacity is always aligned with your requirements.
- Greater agility to respond to the ever-changing business landscape. In a rapidly evolving business environment, having the ability to quickly adapt your network to new demands is invaluable. Telco-independent networks provide access to a wide variety of tools and technologies, eliminating the constraints of lengthy, static contracts within traditional network service agreements.
- Enhanced performance and reliability from centralized network management and analytics. By consolidating network oversight into a single platform, enterprises can gain a comprehensive view of their network’s status, allowing for quick identification and resolution of issues before they escalate. This centralized approach also facilitates predictive maintenance, which can prevent downtime and improve overall network reliability.
- Cost savings from being able to tap into low-cost backbone options. This cost-effectiveness, combined with enhanced performance and flexibility, makes telco-independent networks a smart choice for budget-conscious organizations.
- A more consistent and reliable user experience with advanced security protocols, including in high-risk countries. These networks use cutting-edge encryption and other security measures to protect data, providing peace of mind for businesses operating in regions with stringent regulatory environments or heightened cyber threat levels.
- A tailored solution for your enterprise, directly influencing network performance. Instead of settling for a one-size-fits-all solution, businesses can customize their network to meet their specific needs. This customization can lead to significant improvements in efficiency, performance, and overall user satisfaction.
Overall, telco-independent networks allow enterprises to establish a highly robust and secure network. Why? Because they have resilience and diversity in their network infrastructure. By incorporating multiple telcos and ISPs, enterprises can mitigate the risks associated with single-provider outages and vulnerabilities, such as single points of failure, downtime, load balancing, and security breaches.
So where do you start?
Embracing a telco-independent approach may seem like a daunting task. However, that is where strategic partners and experts play a key role to ensure that you can enjoy a seamless transition and ongoing management of your enterprise’s needs, without major disruption or the headaches of not being able to get it right.
The journey towards telco-independence generally begins with the analyzing phase, which involves a thorough assessment of your existing network and provider. By closely monitoring your contract expiration, analyzing your current setup, and identifying any network gaps, you can pinpoint areas that are underutilized or in need of an upgrade. Understanding these nuances is crucial as it helps formulate a clear roadmap for your telco-independent future.
Once you’ve gained a comprehensive understanding of your network’s current state, it’s time to evaluate your existing IT infrastructure and tools. Is your current setup capable of supporting your business objectives? Answering this question will help you or your managed service provider (MSP) determine what needs to change and what can stay the same to achieve your business goals.
While many MSPs offer networking solutions, they often lack the flexibility or customizability your business may require. This is where specialized MSPs, such as Coevolve, come into play. As a leading authority in telco-independent co-managed SD-WAN, Coevolve has, for nearly a decade, utilized its methodology to accurately discern and fulfill the unique needs of our clients. Leveraging our extensive global deployment experience and customer-centric approach, we provide bespoke solutions tailored to your unique requirements at every phase of your Life Cycle, empowering a seamless transition to telco-independence. We collaborate closely with your internal IT teams, offering expert insights, comprehensive visibility, and the desired level of control over your network management.
In summary, with the fast-paced technological change taking place for organizations right now, legacy systems, infrastructure, and ways of connecting are no longer relevant or suitable for modern organizations. To find out more about how Coevolve can help you in your telco-independence journey, contact us here.