Achieving Excellence Together
As technology continues to proliferate, enterprises and their networking and security solutions must be able to embrace change. While having the technological capabilities to accommodate change is significant, the key to “living it” successfully and moving at the speed of modern businesses comes down to the delivery model and client engagement.
With the traditional outsourcing model no longer viable in an evolving digital world we pioneered a modular, co-managed services methodology. Allowing enterprises to confidently embrace change and deploy global robust networks with control, visibility, flexibility, and specialized and dynamic support.
With a client-centric mindset, we continue to add value to our solutions by remaining technology agnostic. We understand that there is no one-size-fits-all solution, which is why we offer a consultative and iterative range of services that takes the network life cycle into account.
Managed networks in an SD-WAN environment differ from traditional WANs in several key ways. Here are some important considerations:
- A co-managed model provides significant benefits: One of the major benefits of SD-WAN technology is the ability to make more self-service changes on the network. A strong co-management approach allows the enterprise to access these benefits while providing a strong managed services framework to reduce risk
- More telemetry, more circuit-level metrics: Most SD-WAN solutions incorporate continuous monitoring of all paths on the network, providing detailed insights into the health of each circuit. This can be helpful when documenting performance issues with ISPs, but careful planning is required to avoid information overload
- Easier network-wide changes: Enterprises can leverage the template and profile capabilities of SD-WAN solutions to implement changes across hundreds, or even thousands of devices at once. Need to prioritize a new business application? A single policy can be applied to all devices. Add a new location? It will automatically become part of the VPN. This increased efficiency can enable the enterprise to become more responsive to the needs of the business
- Extend visibility and control beyond the network perimeter: Virtualized SD-WAN edge devices, deployed in public cloud environments like AWS and Azure, are becoming increasingly common. This can help enterprises treat these environments as an extension of the existing WAN, with the same policies, QoS rules and visibility that they have at on-premise locations
What is co-managed SD-WAN?
There are options for the ownership of the deployment and management functions in an SD-WAN environment. Coevolve provides all flavors of these options to clients today
- Scenario 1: A complete un-managed environment
- Scenario 2: A complete managed environment
- Scenario 3: A co-managed environment
Since 2016, Coevolve has specialized in co-managed SD-WAN offerings. We believe that traditional service models don’t take full advantage of available technology and inhibit an enterprise network from reaching optimal performance, capabilities, and resilience. Additionally, the technologies we use for our client solutions including SD-WAN, SASE, and cloud networking are well suited to co-managed environments.
By choosing a co-managed option, enterprises mitigate the risks of traditional service models while maintaining control, flexibility, and visibility of the network.
Coevolve’s co-managed offering makes it easier for our clients to have exactly the right amount of assistance at each stage of the network life cycle with a range of optional value-added service modules. Currently, almost all Coevolve clients use some variant of our co-managed services.
“At Coevolve we have pioneered a modular approach leveraging our experience from deploying SD-WAN across 80 countries and managing this technology over seven years. This success is characterized by our clear definition, quality engagement model, and access to world-class specialists.” – Tim Sullivan, Coevolve CEO and Co-Founder
Our co-managed services incorporate the following features:
- Comprehensive classification of change and activity types on the network to identify self-service, minor and major changes
- Training guides and other relevant collateral
- Configuration backups, snapshots, config drift tracking and anomaly detection
- Access to Coevolve’s Response Center and Technical Consulting team
API-based integrated reporting
A growing area of focus in SD-WAN management is the use of northbound APIs between the Orchestrator / Controller layer and existing network management systems in the enterprise. Unlike per-device management interfaces like SNMP, most major SD-WAN solutions provide the ability to extract network-wide metrics through a single interface, which can then be used to evaluate trends.
Coevolve’s Professional Services team uses this approach to build customized reports and dashboards for clients, in some cases combining data from multiple APIs to provide a consolidated view of the network.